On your knees!

MUP

On your knees!

Post by MUP »

:lol: This doe has taken complete control over my mineral site! She won't let any other deer near it!
Attachments
IMAG0260.JPG
IMAG0260.JPG (804.72 KiB) Viewed 1358 times
IMAG0259.JPG
IMAG0259.JPG (805.7 KiB) Viewed 1358 times
IMAG0258.JPG
IMAG0258.JPG (740.44 KiB) Viewed 1359 times
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
BSK
10 Point

Re: On your knees!

Post by BSK »

And that's one of the problems I run into running censuses from baited camera sites--a deer or group of deer dominating the site, skewing the numbers produced. Every year I see new examples of summer-time sexual segregation or sexual dominance of baited sites. That can really screw up your calculated sex ratios. To be honest, I no longer trust population or ratio numbers from baited census sites.
Last edited by BSK on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Know where you stand and stand there" Jesuit Father Daniel Berrigan

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
MUP

Post by MUP »

Once again, the doe sink in full swing. I had over 7K pics on this one site alone in a one month time frame, and not one was a buck, unless one of the 3 fawns was that is. This doe literally lived there at that mineral lick.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

Honestly, I only trust data I gather from non-baited locations, or actually, "naturally" baited locations, such as small food plots, patches of highly attractive foods, etc. Although even then you have to be careful, as locations such as scrapes will NOT produce accurate sex ratio numbers, because scrapes are visited far more frequently by males than females. I primarily use scrapes for getting a full buck inventory for the local area. But the sex ratio numbers from scrape cameras will be junk.
"Know where you stand and stand there" Jesuit Father Daniel Berrigan

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
Phil1979
10 Point

Post by Phil1979 »

7K pictures, dang that's crazy. She got a hold on that salt lick.