bottom metal, actions screws, and a ladder test - please advise...

Place to share - learn - ask information about reloading
TNBillyEarl
Button

bottom metal, actions screws, and a ladder test - please advise...

Post by TNBillyEarl »

All: I have a T3x in 7mmRM I am about to develop a load for. If I switch out the trigger guard from plastic to metal, will that alter the vibrations and nodes on a ladder test? I have found accuracy differences in all my rifles based on torque settings of the action screws; and using a metal trigger guard will allow 50% more ft/lbs of torque.

And if anyone has any 160g Nosler ABs around, please let me buy or trade you something. Thank you in advance.

Bill
MUP

Re: bottom metal, actions screws, and a ladder test - please advise...

Post by MUP »

Short answer, it could. You'll just have to try it and see buddy.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

I’m not 100% sure but I would think if you used the same torque settings you’d be fine. Generally manufacturers have certain spec recommendations for that. Just because you can go to metal doesn’t mean you need the extra torque. All the extra torque is gonna is magnify any problems in the bedding if it’s not been bedded. I have very very little handling experience with a tikka but I believe they have a recoil lug that stays in the stock? Correct me if I’m wrong, but k don’t think it’s a conventional lug like we’re used to on 700s and savages. Not sure how your bed that and get it right, but I’m sure with a little studying it can be done.
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

I agree with jcodd. Keep your torque specs the same and it "shouldn't" be a problem.

Ive got some 150g partitions.
TNBillyEarl
Button

Post by TNBillyEarl »

Thanks to you all. I ordered a bottom metal and will get started on this after Christmas. I'll try and remember to report back.

B
MUP

Post by MUP »

thumbs up
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.