That time again

Place to share - learn - ask information about reloading
MUP

That time again

Post by MUP »

Well, its about that time again. I've got 5 diff loads of 5 rounds each waiting to take a trip thru the 06's. Gonna see what my ol Rem 710 likes first, then fire a few break-in rounds thru the new Tikka T3 Lite with the Rem CorLokts before seeing what it likes. Looking forward to some relaxing range time. ;)
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Wild Bill
10 Point

Re: That time again

Post by Wild Bill »

I really got backed up last season on loads for my rifles. I have already started and at least 3 rifles ready for next year. I have a 280 Ruger 77 that is not cooperating so far but I am not giving up. And a 300wsm that is not even in the ball park this gun may hit the road. Waiting on some Berger bullets to try in the 280 and 7 mag. But my browning 270 and 270wsm are shooting GREAT as is a Remington mtn rifle in 280. And I am getting real close on my model 700 25-06. And it looks like the 7mm08 and the 243 will stay in the safe another season.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Wild Bill wrote:I really got backed up last season on loads for my rifles. I have already started and at least 3 rifles ready for next year. I have a 280 Ruger 77 that is not cooperating so far but I am not giving up. And a 300wsm that is not even in the ball park this gun may hit the road. Waiting on some Berger bullets to try in the 280 and 7 mag. But my browning 270 and 270wsm are shooting GREAT as is a Remington mtn rifle in 280. And I am getting real close on my model 700 25-06. And it looks like the 7mm08 and the 243 will stay in the safe another season.
What are you shooting through your 25-06?

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
MUP

Post by MUP »

I'm looking to trade my Tikka 7-08 for a Rem 7 mag, but the guy couldn't make it to the meet yesterday. That's about the only rifle I'm still looking to get at this point. A "just in case" rifle...just in case I ever get to travel out west on a elk hunt. ;)
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
leader
Site Admin

Post by leader »

Hmmm, ever decide to let the Tikka go, let me know cash price. I may be interested if right timing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
MUP

Post by MUP »

Will do buddy. But for now its either staying in the safe or going to use it as a vehicle to trade for a 7 mag, or maybe a 300 WM. ;)
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

WG Taxidermist wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:I really got backed up last season on loads for my rifles. I have already started and at least 3 rifles ready for next year. I have a 280 Ruger 77 that is not cooperating so far but I am not giving up. And a 300wsm that is not even in the ball park this gun may hit the road. Waiting on some Berger bullets to try in the 280 and 7 mag. But my browning 270 and 270wsm are shooting GREAT as is a Remington mtn rifle in 280. And I am getting real close on my model 700 25-06. And it looks like the 7mm08 and the 243 will stay in the safe another season.

WG I am shooting a 115 berger hunting VLD. I have the gun shooting 1 inch at 120 yards but I am going to try one more load with RL22 and see if it does any better. I haven't carried the rifle since 2011 I am going to change that this next season.
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

Joey you still got that older tikka, the one we took the scope off of. I think it was a 270.
leader
Site Admin

Post by leader »

Wild Bill wrote:Joey you still got that older tikka, the one we took the scope off of. I think it was a 270.
Sure do, it's my safe queen for now. The Mountain Rifle 270 did great....

MUP

Post by MUP »

Joey if this deal doesn't work, and I can't find a suitable trade by around May or June, I may get in touch with you about selling. ;) Took me a while to find one in SS 7-08, but I'm still needing/wanting an "out west" rifle so gotta do what I can I reckon :D
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Wild Bill wrote:
WG Taxidermist wrote:

WG I am shooting a 115 berger hunting VLD. I have the gun shooting 1 inch at 120 yards but I am going to try one more load with RL22 and see if it does any better. I haven't carried the rifle since 2011 I am going to change that this next season.
I use mine every season but I'd like to get the most out of it that I can. I haven't really found a combination I'm really happy with yet.

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
leader
Site Admin

Post by leader »

MUP wrote:Joey if this deal doesn't work, and I can't find a suitable trade by around May or June, I may get in touch with you about selling. ;) Took me a while to find one in SS 7-08, but I'm still needing/wanting an "out west" rifle so gotta do what I can I reckon :D
Let me know, may be interested.

Got a 300 WM or a bad 338 WM I may trade at some point....

Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

WG If you want I will sent 12 or 15 of these Berger's and you can give them a try.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Wild Bill wrote:WG If you want I will sent 12 or 15 of these Berger's and you can give them a try.
That would be great! Let me know what they cost and I'll send you some money for them.

Theodore Roosevelt
MUP

Post by MUP »

leader wrote:
MUP wrote:Joey if this deal doesn't work, and I can't find a suitable trade by around May or June, I may get in touch with you about selling. ;) Took me a while to find one in SS 7-08, but I'm still needing/wanting an "out west" rifle so gotta do what I can I reckon :D

Sounds good buddy!
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

Pm me your address WG and I will send them.
MUP

Post by MUP »

leader wrote:

Send some pics Joey, of both of them. ;) Sending a pm.
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

Well Jodie I am getting closer LOL. I got bullets boxed up and will try to get them in the mail Monday.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Lol! No rush. I do appreciate it very much!

Theodore Roosevelt
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

Well Scat and I went and shot a few rifles today. Neither one of us were impressed with our results. Oh well back to the loading bench.